March 14th, 2020
VBR Star suspends all soccer programs until March 27th
As mentioned in previous communication with staff and membership, we are committed to the health and safety of our players, coaches and families. From the start, we have been committed to following the information provided by our local government regarding the Condiv-19.
VBR Star Soccer Club will be suspending play until March 27th, 2020. By March 27th, we will reevaluate our situation, and determine if more time is necessary to help combat this tough illness, or if we will be able to determine a specific return date for our players. Our decisions to move forward will be based upon the school system and guidance from our governing soccer bodies.
The uncertainty of it all can be overwhelming, and our staff would like to continue to evaluate the situation, in order to help players, return to a safe and accepting playing environment.
This is a complex situation, that many of us look at with uncertainty and lack of knowledge. Our best decisions are based around the local government, and the league we participate in. With our club culture comprised of players from so many different schools and localities, we encourage all families to also understand their own needs.
Below is a list of all VBR Star Soccer programs that will be impacted by this decision. Return date for each program may differ, as outside influences may have a different return date in place.
- Elite & Championship Teams (u11-u15 Boys and Girls)
- Youth Academy (u5-u10 Boys and Girls)
- Botetourt Youth Academy (u7-u10)
- Club Champions League Games
- VYSA ODP
Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have a question regarding this situation, please feel free to contact the VBR Star office during regular business hours as it will remain open. Coaches and managers will remain in communication with the teams, as needed throughout the break, please keep an eye out for updates.